Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Decision

Where to start?

Back in March, Karma and I had an initial conversation about how we were as a couple. Things just didn't seem right and hadn't seemed that way in a long time. We decided at that point that we would continue to work on things in our marriage and take things a day at a time. We continued to go through our daily rituals and things stayed pretty much the same.

About 2 months ago Karma and I talked again about how things were going and things were not improving. I made a decision that I needed to move out. Many tears were shed on both our parts but it seemed to be the right decision. Granted there was no rush to have this done. We don't hate each other after all but we both know that there seems to be something missing. After this decision to move out was made we seem to be getting along better than we ever have, the pressure seemed to be off but we also knew this was from the fact that I was not going to be staying there much longer.

We told the kids and there seemed to be little to no reaction from them. I guess sometimes they see things happening before we do.

I tried to find a room to rent. Craigslist had a lot of listing but nothing really came out and grabbed me. I was lucky enough that a friend came to my aid and is letting me rent out his extra room. I moved in on August 31.

Karma and I continue to stays friends and that will not change. We are not completely sure where this will lead us. It could lead us back to each other or cause us to separate, only time will be the ultimate determiner.

We want to thank all of friends for sticking by us through this. Please realize that there will be changes and we will depend on you for a sympathetic ear to listen, a shoulder to lean or even possibly cry on sometimes as we grow as individuals.

We also ask for some privacy when it comes to this. We don't want to be constantly asked questions about this but felt that we needed to let friends and some family know what is going on. If we want to talk about it, we will bring it up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment