Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Beauty and the Beast

Things have been really hopping for me lately. I was dating someone and that relationship ended. Job interviews that ended up landing me a sales job. The need to find a new place to live and packing both for moves at work and home.

This makes for very busy days but I am trying to stay grounded through the whole process. Trying to get a good balance between fun things and things that have to be done. Balance between work and family. It is not an easy thing to do.

Thursday evening I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I was buying new shirts for my impending interview the next day with the store. Prettying myself up and getting myself mentally prepared. Friday brought my normal work day followed quickly by changing at work for the interview and rushing to the store location for my interview followed by band practice.

Saturday night Tempus had her school choir performing at the Tulsa 66ers game. I went over early and Karma and I headed down for dinner early. Ate at Spaghetti Warehouse and had a pretty good time. We headed to the game and got to watch Tempus perform. The game was okay but Tulsa ended up losing.

Sunday I had promised Tempus that I would take her to go see Beauty and the Beast (BatB) in 3D since they re-released it. She loved it all through her childhood and was very excited to go see it with me. It was great to be able to spend time with her. All my time here lately feels like it is slipping away and before long she will be gone for school somewhere and time with her will be even harder to get as she slowly starts to build a life of her own.

When I was in college I was in the college production of BatB and played Belle's father. It was night to see the movie and replay some of the fun times in my head.

There is something about the scene where Mrs Potts(Angela Lansbury) sings the title song as Belle and the Beast dance around the glitsy ballroom. As they danced around the ballroom, I was suddenly hit with realization that my little girl was growing up. She was sitting the seat next in some way seemed like she was a million miles away. I started to tear up but didn't want her to see it. I wiped away the tears and tried to hide it, if she saw she didn't say anything.

The movie continued and I recomposed myself. The finale was coming up and the rose was dropping it's final petal. The Beast was dying after he had saved Belle and made sure she was safe. I teared up again when Belle cried and begged a lifeless Beast to not go because she love him. I guess I am just becoming a softy as I get older.

No comments:

Post a Comment