Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The 23rd Snow Shovel

(The re-writing of the 23rd Psalm, sometimes you get bored being snowed in. Re-write by Roy Helton)

The snow shovel is my helper; I shall not want.
It helpth me to dig down to brown pastures:
It breaketh the ice down to still waters.
It helps restoreth my calm:
It helps createth the paths of escape for my sanity's sake.



Yea, though I walk through the valley of snow up to my eyeballs,
I will fear no snowdrift: For thou art with me;
Thy shovel head and thy shaft, they comfort me.
Thou bringth me to tables, hopefully with food in the pantry;
I shall annointest my body with sport creme; My snow cup runneth over.



Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of the snow,
and I will dwell in the House of Warmth until you melt (off the roads, at least)

No comments:

Post a Comment